Ted Kennedy is receiving the “Congressional Let Them Eat Cake” Award today for trying to have his cake and eat it too. Ted is also receiving this award because he seems to have adopted that aristocratic attitude which says, “I can do anything I want, whenever I want, to whomever I want.”
In a stunning admission of his frailty, an ailing U.S. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy is asking the governor and legislative leaders to rewrite state law to allow for a temporary gubernatorial appointment to his seat.
In the letter, Kennedy asks that legislation be passed to change a law adopted in 2004 to provide for a special election to choose a new U.S. Senator in the event of a vacancy.
The law was pushed through during the 2004 presidential election because state lawmakers wanted to prevent then-Gov. Mitt Romney from appointing a successor for U.S. Sen. John F. Kerry, who was the Democratic presidential nominee.
Kennedy pushed for that law and he understands how much havoc his open seat would play with Bambi’s Borg moment on healthcare, and how a special election might not swing to the Dems considering how upset “the angry mob” actually is right now.
Here is one more little tidbit to think about in relation to previous articles on the borg absorption of our banks, car companies, and now healthcare; the infamous pie charts. Remember, government is a consumer, not a producer.
Picture #1: Look at the left chart.
7 decades ago, when many of today’s senior citizens were children, just 12% of the economic pie was dependent upon GOVERNMENT (the red slice of the pie).
Restated, 12% of national income was consumed by government spending back then.
This left 88% of the pie to the productive PRIVATE sector (blue pie slice).
At that time the private sector was 7.3 times larger than the government share.
America WAS 88% FREE and 12% socialistic.
NOW, watch the non-productive government share in the left chart double to 22% of the economy, from the prior 12% share. (the red slice got bigger),
and note the remaining portion left to the productive private sector has been squeezed out of 10 points, compared to the previous chart.
That 10 point swing was mostly attributed to government getting into the ‘socialized spending business’, starting with the ‘New Deal’
– – basically going into the social business, an area never envisioned by our founding forefathers as a reason for forming a federal government..
At this point, the private sector was about 4 times larger than government – – well below its prior 7 times larger ratio of the first chart.
America was 78% FREE and 22% socialistic. (instead of 88% free and 12% socialistic in the first chart).
the government sector (red color) doubled its share again –
from 22% of the economic pie in 1947 to 45% of the economy today,
shrinking the private sector share (blue color) of the economy an extra 21 points – – caused by even more expanded socialistic spending (not intended by our nation’s founders), at rates many times faster than growth of the general economy.
Now the productive private sector (having lost 28 points) is not much bigger than the government-controlled share of the economy;
a long fall from its prior position of being from 5 to 7.3 times larger than government.
American has become 45% socialistic, leaving only 55% FREE, a tremendous move from the first chart of 12% socialistic and 88% free.
That last pie chart is from 2008. I would be willing to bet that the ratio is well reversed from 45/55 – and Barack wants to add 1/7th of our economy in the form of healthcare dollars to that chart.
I suggest you send these pie charts far and wide so that the Not-So-Silent-Anymore Majority fully understands what is at stake.
Are we going to allow the american idol-in-chief and the traitors in the House and Senate to permanently flip this country from capitalism to socialism?
I think not.