I received this email and thought I would share it with my readers. Please feel free to pass it on to that special ‘Mom’ in your life.
JUST A MOM?
- A woman, renewing her driver’s license at the County Clerk ‘s office,
- Was asked by the woman recorder to state her occupation.
- She hesitated, uncertain how to classify herself.
- “What I mean is,” explained the recorder,
- “Do you have a job or are you just a …?’
“Of course I have a job,”snapped the woman.
- ‘I’m a Mom!”
- “We don’t list ‘Mom ‘ as an occupation,
- ‘housewife’ covers it,”
- Said the recorder very emphatically.
- I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself
- In the same situation, this time at our own Town Hall.
- The Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised,
- very efficient, and possessed of a high sounding title like,
- ‘Official Interrogator’ or ‘Town Registrar.’
- “And what is your occupation?’ she probed.
What made me say it? I do not know!
- The words simply popped out.
“I’m a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations.”
- The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in mid-air and
- looked up as though she had not heard right.
- So, I repeated the title slowly emphasizing the most significant words..
- Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written,
- in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.
- “Might I ask,” said the clerk with new interest, “just what you do in your field?”
- Coolly, and without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply,
- “I have a continuing program of research,
- (what mother doesn’t, right?)
- in the laboratory and in the field,
- (normally I would have said indoors and out).
- I’m working for my Masters, (first my Lord Jesus and then the whole family)
- And already have four credits (all daughters).
- Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities,
- (any mother care to disagree?)
- And I often work 14 hours a day, (24 is more like it).
- But the job is more challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers
- and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money.’
- There was now an increasing note of respect in the clerk’s voice as she
- Completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.
As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career,
I was greeted by my lab assistants — ages 13, 7, and 3.
- Upstairs I could hear our new experimental model,
- (a 6 month old baby) in the child development program,
- testing out a new vocal pattern.
- I felt I had scored a beat on bureaucracy!
- And I had gone on the official records as someone more
- distinguished and indispensable to mankind than ‘just another Mom .’
- What a glorious career!
- Especially when there’s a title on the door.
- Does this make grandmothers
‘Senior Research Associates in the field of Child Development and Human Relations’
- And great grandmothers
Executive Senior Research Associates?’
- I think so!!!
- I also think it makes Aunts
Associate Research Assistants.
- Please send this to another Mom ,
- And other friends you know.
- May your troubles be less,
- Your blessing be more,
- And nothing but happiness come through your door!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL MOMS!!!!
Years ago when I was a stay at home mom I use to wonder why so little credit was given to that. Our house was the house the kids of the working moms came to after school, which was fine with me.
Now that my eyes are opened I realize that the attempt to make stay at home moms less than working moms has been part of the plan all along. Another example of putting one group against another and the long term goal is to destroy the family.
So to all the moms out there keep your chin up and now that yes you are doing the most difficult job in the world and the pay off doesn’t come for a lot of years but once it does come you will over be able to bask in the success of your hard work.
Happy Mother’s Day to all.
Thank you for being our venerated logistics monster,and research associate in the field of child development !!
And for your work and dedication as, A master reaserch associate in the advancement of free speach, freedom and the interest of liberty and preservation of our( and our childrens)