This Thanksgiving will probably go down in history as being one of the more poignant ones most of us have lived through as the veil between dark and light, up and down, clear and opaque, and right and wrong, is so well defined.
We have been traumatized this past year, and in our suffering we have come to realize, more than in other years, the true importance of family relationships, principles, and speaking the truth, as we would not have given a plump, fat, year of ease.
We know the road ahead is going to be long and arduous, and yet we will continue because to not do so would be an insult to the generations that have come before, and an insult to generations yet to be.
With that in mind, I would like to list some of the events and people that I am grateful for. I ask that you add your thanksgiving wishes in comments, because gratitude has incredible power to change lives. Everything happens for a reason, and there is a silver lining to every storm cloud.
I am immensely grateful for:
- The guardian angels that surround all of us each day and keep us safe from harm.
- My spousal unit and my son who have stood behind me with patience, support, and great ideas since the inception of this blog.
- Our family canine and feline who bring joy, smiles, and peals of laughter from the little boy.
- The loss of my job which secured my spousal unit’s job, and gave me time to see clearly which path I was supposed to be following, and the courage to strike out on my own again.
- The Monster’s amazingly loyal readers who have stood by all the changes and have continued to visit, comment, send tips, and most of all, support this writer financially in these very tough times.
- The little opportunities that the creator has sent my family’s way to provide funds for Christmas presents.
- The couple that owns the house I rent for reducing our rent when I lost my job.
- My mother-in-law who had an awakening this past year.
- My father-in-law for just being himself.
- The friendships I have made because of this project.
- I thank God for Nancy of MsPlacedDemocrat, and the opportunity I had to know her. I ask for the grace of God to help me write her memorial, as I have not yet been able to do so.
- Shtuey of Oy…My Valve!
- Dr. Kate of Dr. Kate’s View
- The Dame Truth of The Dame Truth
- Rev. Amy of Rabble Rouser Ruminations
- Bill, Scott, Robert, and Clyde of The Patriot Room
- Nick of Notoriously Conservative
- Dave of Feed Your ADHD
- Tim of Left Coast Rebel
- Uppity of Uppity Woman
- BlueSky of Blue Sky Rising
- American Genie of Genie’s Dream
- Sandra of Write Stuff 4 Kidz
- Steve Maloney
- Glenn Beck
- Fox News
- Technology – DVR, Camcorders, Cameras, and the little grey cells to use them.
- My host, MediaTemple that continues to keep The Monster safe from hackers (most recent 4 hours ago)
- The hackers who released the Climate Change emails
- Barack Obama for being such an incredibly narcissistic and progressive president as to wake up the entire country to the dangers it is facing, and to help me realize how much we understand what our Founding Fathers were trying to impart with their quotes. BRAVO!
I want to once again send out many mahalos and special Season’s Greetings to Monster readers for all your support; mentally, emotionally, and financially. You Rock!