For all you liberal fans of non-representative Representative Carolyn McCarthy of New York, you better start understanding that the corrupt government in Washington is bringing the hammer down in one very sneaky, fascist, anti-American and anti-Founding Fathers maneuver that is happening with your blessing because you are backing this dipshit in NY. (And I am wayyyyyyyy past being respectful of people that do not respect the Constitution; the name-calling will begin.)
It is time to realize that the inmates are running the asylum when the “no-fly” list is being used to take away legitimate, law-abiding American citizen’s rights with no crime being committed, no charges being filed or any conviction in a court of law.
This new bill that has been introduced sounds fairly normal, but then again with these bastards you really, really have to read the fine print; just like the credit card companies. Just look at the name of this bill and you know what is going to occur. If your name comes up on the “no-fly list”, you will not be able to ship, transport, possess or receive (purchase) a firearm. So I guess EVERYBODY better stop flying because it will be really easy for “them”, whoever they are, to put everybody’s name on this list, (including children; they already did it to a 5 year old*).
Add to that insanity above the fact that the “no-fly list” is so incredibly error filled that it even kept Senator Kennedy from flying 5 separate times. As of March 10, 2009, the “government” has confirmed that the list has reached ONE MILLION NAMES. Now none of this surprises any of us here in the middle and on the conservative side because we are all already domestic terrorists because we are breathing with our mouths closed, did not drink the koolaid, and are not named Janeane.
As always, I have read the whole document and have emphasised the portions that are applicable.
H.R. 2401: No Fly, No Buy Act of 2009
To increase public safety and reduce the threat to domestic security by including persons who may be prevented from boarding an aircraft in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and for other purposes. (emphasis mine)
SEC. 2. INCLUSION OF PERSONS WHO MAY BE PREVENTED FROM BOARDING AN AIRCRAFT IN THE NATIONAL INSTANT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM.
(a) In General- Section 103(f) of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (18 U.S.C. 922 note) is amended by inserting `, notwithstanding any regulation prescribed under section 40119(b) of title 49, United States Code’ before the period.
(b) Transfer or Other Disposition of Firearm to Such Persons– Section 922(d) of title 18, United States Code, is amended–
(1) by striking `or’ at the end of paragraph (8);
(2) by striking the period at the end of paragraph (9) and inserting `; or’; and
(3) by inserting after paragraph (9) the following:
`(10) is an individual who is required, under regulations prescribed under section 114(h) of title 49, United States Code, to be prevented from boarding an aircraft.’.
(c) Shipment, Transport, Possession, or Receipt of Firearm by Such Persons- Section 922(g) of title 18, United States Code, is amended–
(1) by striking `or’ at the end of paragraph (8);
(2) by striking the comma at the end of paragraph (9) and inserting `; or’; and
(3) by inserting after paragraph (9) the following:
`(10) who is an individual who is required, under regulations prescribed under section 114(h) of title 49, United States Code, to be prevented from boarding an aircraft,’.
United States Code, Title 49, Section 114(h) states:
(h) Management of Security Information.— In consultation with the Transportation Security Oversight Board, the Under Secretary shall—
- (2) establish procedures for notifying the Administrator of the Federal Aviation Administration, appropriate State and local law enforcement officials, and airport or airline security officers of the identity of individuals known to pose, or suspected of posing, a risk of air piracy or terrorism or a threat to airline or passenger safety;
- (3) in consultation with other appropriate Federal agencies and air carriers, establish policies and procedures requiring air carriers—
Just one more attempt at taking away the safeguards of the 2nd Amendment against tyranny and abuse of power. Once again, a politician that is less smart than the rest of us trying to dictate how we should live our lives. No thanks Twitmo From NY, I outgrew parents many decades ago.
(H/T to the Madman for the tip)
* Here are some examples of the error prone “list”:
False positives and other controversial cases
False positives and abuses that have been in the news include:
- Numerous children (including many under the age of five, and some under the age of one) have generated false positives.
- Daniel Brown, a United States Marine returning from Iraq, was prevented from boarding a flight home in April 2006 because his name matched one on the No Fly List. The rest of his company refused to leave the airport until Brown was allowed to board.
- David Fathi, an attorney for the ACLU of Iranian descent and a plaintiff in the ACLU lawsuit.
- Asif Iqbal, a management consultant and legal resident of the United States born in Pakistan, plans to sue the U.S. government because he is regularly detained when he tries to fly, because he has the same name as a former Guantanamo detainee. Iqbal’s work requires a lot of travel, and, even though the Guantanamo detainee has been released, his name remains on the No Fly List, and Iqbal the software consultant experiences frequent, unpredictable delays and missed flights. He is pushing for a photo ID and birthdate matching system, in addition to the current system of checking names.
- Robert J. Johnson, a surgeon and a former lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army, was told in 2006 that he was on the list, although he had had no problem in flying the month before. Johnson was running as a Democrat against U.S. Representative John McHugh, a Republican. Johnson wondered whether he was on the list because of his opposition to the Iraq War. He stated, “This could just be a government screw-up, but I don’t know, and they won’t tell me.” Later, a 60 Minutes report brought together 12 men named Robert Johnson, all of whom had experienced problems in airports with being pulled aside and interrogated. The report suggested that the individual whose name was intended to be on the list was most likely the Robert Johnson who had been convicted of plotting to bomb a movie theater and a Hindu temple in Toronto.
- In August 2004, Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) told a Senate Judiciary Committee discussing the No Fly List that he had appeared on the list and had been repeatedly delayed at airports. He said it had taken him three weeks of appeals directly to Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge to have him removed from the list. Kennedy said he was eventually told that the name “T Kennedy” was added to the list because it was once used as an alias of a suspected terrorist. There are an estimated 7,000 American men whose legal names correspond to “T Kennedy”. (Senator Kennedy, whose first name is Edward and for whom “Ted” is only a nickname, would not be one of them.) Recognizing that as a U.S. Senator he was in a privileged position of being able to contact Ridge, Kennedy said of “ordinary citizens”: “How are they going to be able to get to be treated fairly and not have their rights abused?” Former mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani pointed to this incident as an example for the necessity to “rethink aviation security” in an essay on homeland security published while he was seeking the Republican nomination for the 2008 presidential election.
- U.S. Representative John Lewis (D-GA), widely known for his civil rights advocacy, has been stopped many times.
- Canadian journalist Patrick Martin has been frequently interrogated while travelling, because of a suspicious individual with the same name.
- James Moore, an Emmy-winning television news correspondent, co-author of Bush’s Brain: How Karl Rove Made George W. Bush Presidential, political activist, and outspoken critic of the Bush administration, was placed on the No Fly List.
- Walter F. Murphy, McCormick Professor of Jurisprudence at Princeton, reported that the following exchange took place at Newark on 1 March 2007, where he was denied a boarding pass “because I [Professor Murphy] was on the Terrorist Watch list.” The airline employee asked, “Have you been in any peace marches? We ban a lot of people from flying because of that.” “I explained,” said professor Murphy, “that I had not so marched but had, in September 2006, given a lecture at Princeton, televised and put on the web, highly critical of George Bush for his many violations of the constitution.” To which the airline employee responded, “That’ll do it.”
- David Nelson, the actor best known for his role on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, is among various persons named David Nelson who have been stopped at airports because their name apparently appears on the list.
- Jesselyn Radack, a former United States Department of Justice ethics adviser who argued that John Walker Lindh was entitled to an attorney, was placed on the No Fly List as part of what many believe to be a reprisal for her whistleblowing.
- In September 2004, former pop singer Cat Stevens (who converted to Islam and changed his name to “Yusuf Islam” in 1978) was denied entry into the U.S. after his name was found on the list.
- In February 2006, U.S. Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK) stated in a committee hearing that his wife Catherine had been subjected to questioning at an airport as to whether she was Cat Stevens due to the similarity of their names.
- U.S. Representative Don Young (R-AK), the 3rd-most senior Republican in the House, was flagged in 2004 after he was mistaken for a “Donald Lee Young”.
- Some members of the Federal Air Marshal Service have been denied boarding on flights that they were assigned to protect because their names matched those of persons on the no-fly list.
- Until July 2008, Nelson Mandela and other members of the African National Congress were on the list, something that U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice called “rather embarrassing”. On July 5, 2008, the U.S. removed Mandela and the ANC from the list.
- In August 2008, CNN reported that an airline captain and retired brigadier general for the United States Air Force has had numerous encounters with security officials when attempting to pilot his own plane.
- After frequent harassment at airport terminals, a Canadian businessman changed his name to avoid being delayed every time he took a flight.
- In October 2008, it was revealed that Maryland State Police classified 53 nonviolent political activists as terrorists, and entered their names and personal information on the terrorist watch list. Also, protest groups were entered as terrorist organizations. During a hearing, it was revealed that these individuals and organizations had been placed on the list because of their opposition to the death penalty and the Iraq war.
- In April 2009, TSA refused to allow an Air France flight from Paris to Mexico to cross U.S. airspace because it was carrying Colombian journalist Hernando Calvo Ospina, who has sharply criticized U.S. foreign policy.
For those of my readers that like to drop links far and wide, this would be one of those posts that need to get out. I am not seeing HR2401 anywhere else and it is soooooooooooooooooofascist!
Right after 9/11 my sister who was half Syrian got questioned several times by authorities. My brother is also half Syrian…we wouldn’t let him fly to visit us for sometime because we were afraid he would be detained. If he had been detained it would have been a disaster as he has mental retardation and autism. UGH! I hate that woman…she can’t let go of the death of her husband and son so she takes it out on the American people. She needs to be thrown out of Congress on grounds she is a twit.
I just sent this out to 20 people. Doesn’t this mean that if your name is on the list in any background check- like for employment- any person on the list is going to come up as a criminal? One of my kids was on the list a couple of years ago (when 8 or 9), but then it just stopped.
McCarthy is challenging Gillibrand for her Senate seat. Let’s hope they take each other out and someone else wins or Gillibrand wins and McCarty loses her seat because she is up for re-election to the House next year. Then we will be rid of the crazy woman. She needs to go home and spend some serious time on a shrinks couch.
They don’t do anything about the open borders, they allow Muslim training camps in the US, they let the doors pretty much wide open to immigration, they want amnesty for those immigrants who are here illegally, they have kept us terrified for 9 straight years, and the list goes on.
They are enacting legislation at the speed of light. They are clamping down on our lives; they are suppressing and suffocating us. The no fly is probably a way of keeping us from leaving the country. They are turning the tables and making us the enemy. Well people, THEY ARE THE ENEMY. What are we going to do about it?
We have our weapons, but when they come to our doors are we going to hand them over, or are we prepared to pull the trigger? I’ll tell you what, we better be prepared to pull the trigger because if they don’t get you are your front door (which they are locking into their GPS), they’ll get you in the street or in a concentration camp.
I know, I sound like I’ve lost my mind, but really I’m just frustrated and mad as hell. I’ve not given up hope, but I know we need a plan to fight the dirty bastards.
Did you read about who is having a pow wow this weekend?
KJ – know all about this but thanks for dropping the link for others. 🙂
California Patriot: You sound fine to me! Don’t worry about losing your mind, you are on the right track, worrying about loosing your life! Those of us that are awake ARE the enemy to “THEM”. If I were them I would fear us too! I am prepared to pull the trigger, many many times.
What really scares me about all of this, besides the fact that almost anything you do (besides drinking kool-aid and watching American Idol) will get you on the list, is that the list is not published so that you have a chance to see if you are on it and you have no recourse of appeal…unless you are Ted Kennedy. The fact that the list is not published gives them the opportunity to put you on it at any opportunity. Soon, when you get stopped at one of the many many illegal road blocks, you will be detained “because you are on the list”, but the officer just added you to the list because he didn’t like the way you looked or the bumper stickers on your car!
I wonder how many of us are on the list.
I did some link dropping this afternoon.
I was thinking of you Kathy when I asked for the link to be dropped.
And yes, I would guess all of us are on one list or another – I am sure my dossier is getting thicker, and I do not give a **** anymore.
This country better wake up and start taking some actions the longer we wait the harded it is going to be to stop these fools from running this country into the ground it seem that there is only one thing these fool will understand and it goes bang
I also understand there is no way to check to see if you are on the list before you buy your ticket–or just curious. Will all of us who supported Ron Paul then voted third party (Chuck Baldwin) and post blogs critical of illegal immigration, abortion, gay marriage, Obama, bail-outs and stimulus give-a-ways end up on the list?
Try clicking on Cinie’s World, and see the notice you get from WordPress.
I love reading Cinie’s World.
Cinie’s cached so they didn’t scrub her…how long have the petulant obots been complaining to WordPress, and when did WordPress get in the censorship business?
KJ – I knew this was coming at some point, that’s why I moved the monster to a self hosted site. If Blogger could do it, then WP would do it too.
When this site goes down, then you know we are in the midst.
All of this going on and the Supreme Court, rather than getting BO’s dirty a** out of our WH is hearing a case concerning a high school girl of hoarding Advils at her school. What is wrong with this picture.
I haven’t tried to fly since I went to the fake dem convention in denver but I’m sure I would be on the list, esp. since they came to my door the other day with their hand held GPS. I have a feeling it is only “us” who are being singled out for this and not every house in the country. I haven’t heard of mass canvassing in communities and it certainly wasn’t the case in my small town the other day. I don’t own a gun and don’t intend to try to buy one so I guess they will just have to haul me away. I can’t even talk to my children about this because they are losing their father to cancer right now and I don’t want to add this burden on them. But it worries me.
I feel impressed to share this link with you. It says a lot in many ways.
no-nonsence-nancy, I’m sorry to hear about your children’s father.
I’m so fed up with the airline industry and these bullshit shake downs every time you try to get on a plane that I quit flying a long time ago. I don’t like to feel like a criminal just so I could go visit my family who live out of State, I’d rather take the extra time to drive there.
In Chicago, there’s complaints about the new policy to stand in a glass booth while the airline “x-rays” your entire body while some nitwit in security gets to view you on the screen minus your clothes. Nothing says “Fly With Me” like being patted down like a criminal and made to stand naked in front of a stranger, eh? Oh…and then be charged an arm and a leg to bring on an extra suitcase (which is usually missing a few items before it gets to your destination because you are no longer allowed to have locks on your luggage.)
Needless to say….I hate the airlines and I hate our government for giving them the free reign to take away our Constitutional rights to privacy.
Oh geez, just read the other comments. Sorry to hear about your children’s father, nancy. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.